Machines can automatically be assigned to groups through the use of Group Definitions.
- Navigate to Stations, then click Groups.
- Select a group, Click Group Details (top-right corner).
- Click Manage Hostname Definitions.
- Click Add New Group Definition to create a definition.
- Set the Match Rule to the pattern that the hostnames should match (such as Lab_A with ‘.*’ as a wildcard at the end). With this Regular Expression pattern, all stations with “Lab_A” at the beginning of their hostname will be moved to the Lab A group automatically.
- Click Submit to save and apply the changes.
Hostname Definitions apply to unassigned stations and stations that have recently checked in. If a station already exists in another group (other than unassigned), it will not be moved by the Hostname Definition, and it must be moved manually.