In rare cases, it is possible for a station record to become duplicated. This most commonly occurs on laptops which utilize both wireless and wired internet connections, and occasionally after reimaging a computer.
The deduplication process will take the two separate station records and merge them together into a single station record. Deduplication will combine usage data and assign both MAC addresses to the single station record. Therefore despite the connection method, a laptop with multiple internet connection options will report as a single station.
- Click Manager under the Stations drop down menu on your Dashboard
- Select one of the stations that you would like to merge
- Under the Reallocate Station drop down menu on the left, click on Deduplicate
- After selecting Deduplicate you will be brought to the merge select screen
- Select the other station to merge
*Note: LabStats will offer suggestions of likely duplicates to match the selected station. If no suggestions can be found you will be prompted to select the duplicate station to merge with.
- You will be brought to the confirmation page
*Note: Carefully review the station information to ensure the two selected stations should be merged together, as the process cannot be reversed.
- Decide whether you would like to Keep Older Station or Keep Newer Station
*Note: We recommend keeping the older station.
- Click the checkbox that reads “I understand that these changes are irreversible”
- Click select to complete the merge