The Usage History report shows the percentage of computer utilization based on open lab hours. The utilization of several labs can be displayed to easily determine how much available resources are being used.
Utilization reports are based on the number of hours used divided by the available hours. With schedules, lab utilization can be calculated only from hours in which the lab is open. Labs available for twenty-four hours and labs available for three hours can have different definitions of 100% utilization.
Run a Usage History Report
The report criteria page will load and include a date range and various ways to filter the report. Selecting and adding tags and groups to the report criteria will help to further segment the data and show meaningful results.
- Navigate to Reports. Then click Usage History.
- Select the date range. Select the appropriate Schedule option (Apply assigned schedules if schedules have been assigned to each group, or Apply a single schedule if the labs have the same schedule and it has already been created). Click Close.
- Click Including all Stations. Select groups (labs) to include. Click Close.
- Click Submit.
The results can be filtered further using the search option. Options to View Criteria, Share Report Results, or Download Results are available.
- Selecting the Share Report Results option will load a form.
- Enter the recipient’s email address in the To field, change the default Subject field if necessary, use the Message field to add a personalized message, and choose to send the report in Friendly or Raw format.
- Selecting the Download Results option gives a choice to download the results in Friendly or Raw format.
- Raw results lack formatting to make further manipulation of the data easy.
- Friendly results are formatted for professional presentation of the data.
- The menu icon gives the options of downloading the graph as a PDF, Excel file (XLSX), image file (PNG, JPEG, or SVG), or printing it.