Follow this guide to install and update the LabStats on-premises server.
Please see the in preparation for server installation, as well as our article on SSL Certificates for the API.
Prior to installing the on-premises server, SQL Server 2017 (full version) must be installed. This is not included in the on-premises server installer.
- Start the on-premises server installer and select the install location.
- Enter the path and credentials for accessing the database server.
- LabStats will create a database upon connection to the database server.
By default, the LabStats web manager service will use port 81 to access the dashboard, and the clients will communicate with the client communication server over port 8080.
- To navigate to the web manager, enter your server address followed by “:81”.
- To avoid entering the port when accessing the dashboard, the bindings on the default website can be changed to a different port.
- This allows the LabStats web manager to be changed to port 80.
- If this needs to be changed after installation, edit the bindings on the default website to a port other than 80, then edit the bindings on the web manager to use port 80.
- Follow the steps on the installer to complete the installation.
- Once the installation is complete, the instance can be accessed using the default credentials: labstats/labstats.
The first attempt to access the front-end website will prompt a short setup guide that will present the Terms and Conditions and require changing the temporary password.
- Passwords are case-sensitive and must be at least 8 characters long, including at least one number.
- You will be prompted to enter a license key. If one has been provided to you, please input it here. If you do not have a license key, please contact us with the following information so a license key can be provided:
- Customer ID #
- Email address of the person who will be managing LabStats
SMTP mail settings for email notifications can be set up, or this step can be skipped and set up in Settings later. Active Directory integration can be set up or skipped as well.
- Choose any applications you wish to track on the list of common applications.
- Download the client installers.
- All steps on the setup guide are accessible via the LabStats web portal. Once setup is completed, click Finish to be taken to the Dashboard.
Please refer to the Quick Start Guides for what to do next.
Updating On-Premises Server
You do not have to completely uninstall the previous version, you can run the installer straight over top of the existing version.
For more information and to download the latest On-Premises installer, visit the downloads page.
Have questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.