User data can be obfuscated by utilizing a tool available within the LabStats Portal called Import Assigned Names. This tool will allow you to assign a different name to a user instead of the username initially detected by the LabStats Client.
What this tool can help you solve
It can also be used to better identify users, for example if a username is a string of numbers, this tool could input more useful information where desired and allowed by law.
How to Import Assigned Names
- Hover over the Users menu in LabStats and click Manager.
- Click Download to download a spreadsheet of all your current usernames.
- Edit the spreadsheet.
- Remove all of the headings/titles, and remove all of the columns except User.
- Move the User column to column A, then add the new usernames to column B.
- Click Import Assigned Names in the top-right corner.
- Upload the Spreadsheet.
You may need to do a hard refresh, or exit the application and reload it, to see the changes.
Have questions? Contact email@example.com.