With the release of the new API for on-premises customers, you can now utilize the Remote Computer Access Dashboard with information from your on-premises server. Please note that the dashboard will be hosted by LabStats. If you want to host the page within your own network, you can use the API to create and populate your own dashboard page.
Remote Access Dashboard with an On-Premises Server
Cloud-hosted Remote Access Dashboard
- Display available computers.
- Support for connections using RDP, VNC, or other alternatives such as Apache Guacamole, NoMachine, LogMeIn/GoToMyPC.
- RDP connections are made easily through auto-generated RDP file downloads.
- Basic brand customization (logo image and branding colors).
- Customizable top-level messages.
- Customizable messages for each computer lab.
- Update your on-premises instance to version 6.0.200429.1 or newer.
- Set up the API during installation.
- Make your API publicly accessible to the outside internet (you can use a tool such as GeoPeeker to verify that it is public).
- The web server hosting LabStats must have an SSL certificate installed to support encryption.
To set up your on-premise LabStats Remote Access Dashboard, please provide the following information to email@example.com.
- Your LabStats API URL. Please make sure this API is publicly accessible through the internet and has an SSL certificate.
- An API Key. Create a new API key that will be exclusively used for supplying real-time information to the Remote Access Dashboard. The following options should be used on the new API key:
- Choose ‘Stations’ for data accessed.
- Choose ‘Read’ for Access Level.
- Choose ‘Allow all requests’ for Requests.
- Displayed Group Information. For each of the groups to be displayed in your dashboard, we need its group ID and the name you’d like to display for it.
- To find the ID of a group, you can go to the LabStats Portal and view all groups.
- Find the group(s) that contain the stations that you added to your LabMap. Click on the group and, once the page loads, the url in the browser will contain the group ID.
- Provide that group ID and the name you’d like to display for its stations.
- Your Desired URL. All LabStats-hosted dashboard URLs start with “https://remoteaccess.labstats.com/”. We are happy to customize the rest of the URL how you would like.