Get to the Applications Manager by navigating to Applications then click Manager.
- Search—Use the Search feature to find specific applications on the Desktop Apps page. Search is not case sensitive.
- Show Ignored—View the applications that have been marked as Ignored by clicking the Show Ignored button. The Ignored applications will be shown alongside all other applications. To stop viewing Ignored applications, click the Hide Ignored button.
- Application Info—In any application list, click the application name to load the Application Info page. On this page, there are the following options:
- Edit Application—Click the Edit button to edit the details of the application, including the name, description, tags, and which executables relate to the application. Under this section, tracking can also be enabled.
- Delete Application—Click the Delete button to delete the application’s definition.
- Usage Report—Click the Usage Report button to load the Application Summary Report. Choose the start and end dates, and narrow the results by Stations/Station Tags and Users/User Tags if desired. Once the report criteria have been selected, click the View button to see the results. The Application Summary Report lists the selected report criteria, a summary of the Total Usage Time and Total Focus Time, as well as a breakdown by login.
- Return to Desktop Apps—This option reloads the Desktop Applications list.
- Stats—The Stats section of the Application Info page displays average session length, average focus time, and the number of launches.
- Current—The Current section of the Application Info page displays the users and stations currently using an application:
The View Recent section displays the most recent application launches, including the following information for each session:
- Station—The name of the station that launched the application.
- Login—The login name of the user who launched the application.
- Start—The day and time the application was launched.
- End—The day and time the application was closed.
- Focus Duration—The total length of time the application was in focus.
With LabStats, it is possible to track both Web and Desktop applications.
To accomplish this navigate to Applications and then click Manager. This will load the Application Manager page.
These applications come either pre-populated or added via software inventory. There is also a third option. It is possible to define them manually following the below instructions.
Learn More about tracking Desktop Applications and Web Applications.